Forneylink TA-1258 touchscreen HMI, hydraulic pump and Automatic (VFD) control system. The entire system is incorporated into a single console to allow easy field retrofit to existing manual compression testing machines. Comes assembled.
Convert to Easy Automatic Testing
The Forney automatic control system provides fully automatic, “one touch” testing for many construction material test specimens Push one button and the machine performs the complete test, including piston retract. Accurately controls the rate of load at the desired setting, thus no question about meeting ASTM (or other) specifications and ensuring repeatable results. Frees the operator to do other tasks while testing is in process.
Easy to Install
installation work consists of the removal of the existing hydraulic power pack and digital readout, along with the pressure transducer, hoses, and any other miscellaneous wiring.
The new system is connected via a single hose to the compression machine and then plugged into a standard electrical outlet (available for 110V or 240V). No further field modifications are required, except, at the customer’s request, or to incorporate non-standard features such as over-travel limit switches or specialized testing protocols.
The system works with typical compression testing machines utilizing 5,000 to 10,000 psi hydraulic operating pressures.
The hydraulic unit is supplied as a complete, fully integrated assembly. The unit is pre-piped and pre-wired. It incorporates hydraulic valves, including an optional proportional valve for controlled piston retract required by code for Modulus of Elasticity and Poisson’s Ratio tests.
The ForneyLink human machine interface (HMI), hydraulic unit, E-Stop, and dump valve are directly connected to the unit. Single unit design permits easy installation and provides portability without disassembling of hydraulic or electrical components.
Digital Control System
Setup of testing protocol, real-time display of test data, and post-test data transfer is accomplished through the ForneyLink touchscreen HMI. The operator can navigate options for:
- Test Run
- Test Setup
- Machine Setup
- Reporting and Data Transfer
Provides simultaneous display of force, stress, and rate of load and displays a real-time graph of Load vs. Time, or Stress vs. Strain.
Standard functionality includes data collection by the ForneyLink HMI for printing and transfer.
ForneyVault® Enabled Machines
Make your machine smart – enable two-way data communication by accessing information and making it available for the testing process. Connect your machine seamlessly to LIMS packages, QC software, and other third-party software participating on the ForneyVault platform. ForneyVault enabled machines help control the workload, and make your technicians smarter and more productive, with fewer costly errors.
A smart machine can:
- Enable intelligent workflows
- Enable Bar Code Scanning capability to identify the specimen to be tested
- Validate specimen geometry
- Calculate proper preload settings – based on actual and/or expected strength
- Calibration Monitor provides notification of impending calibration requirements
- Discard Dashboard provides context enabled specimen management for untested specimen disposal decisions.
- Notify you that a correction factor should be used
- Notify you of individual low breaks
- Notify you of excessive variance among several specimens
A PC-based system utilizes a variable frequency drive to control the hydraulic pump motor. This maximizes efficiency – only running the pump at speeds necessary to achieve the desired pressure. This energy-efficient approach dramatically reduces heat build-up in the hydraulic system and greatly extends hydraulic component life.
Here are the main components of the system:
- Variable frequency drive (VFD)
- Windows-based touchscreen human machine interface (HMI)
- Pressure transducer that provides pressure feedback
- E-stop PB
- Limit switch
- Solenoid-operated dump valve
Several safety features are incorporated to protect both operator and testing machine:
- Maximum Capacity Protection: A high-pressure safety relief value protects the hydraulic circuit and load frame from exceeding maximum capacity.
- Overextension Protection: A piston over-extension limit switch system protects against piston extension beyond maximum travel.
With a user-provided Internet connection (either Wi-Fi or Ethernet), the RetroPack system is capable of real-time, online support from the Forney Support Team for basic settings and test setup to advanced troubleshooting, fault finding, and software updates.
We offer unlimited Remote Technical Support for all Forney Testing Machines during the two-year warranty period.
For ForneyVault® subscribers, post-warranty remote technical support fees are waived for the life of your subscription.
Please refer any special requirements to a Forney sales representative.
* Specifications are subject to change without notice.