This Policy contains details about how Forney collects and uses information from you when you use the Sites, including your use of our construction materials testing equipment in connection with the ForneyVault service.
This Policy covers only the Sites. Other Forney sites and other online locations may have their own privacy policies, and you should consult those accordingly.
This Policy is effective as of: June 4, 2020.
Forney may update this Policy from time to time. Any changes to this Policy will be posted below for a period of thirty (30) days and will be effective when posted. The changes will also be immediately incorporated into this Policy.
Your continued use of the Sites after any changes are made to this Policy constitutes your acceptance of the changes. If any of the changes are unacceptable to you, you should cease using the Sites.
If any changes to this Policy affect how Forney treats or handles personally identifiable information that you have already provided to or has otherwise been collected by Forney, Forney will notify you by email (if Forney has a valid email address to use) and give you thirty (30) days to opt-in to the changes as they pertain to your information. If you do not opt-in, your information will continue to be used in a manner that is consistent with the version of this Policy under which it was collected, or the information will be deleted.
Collection and Use of Information
You can generally visit the Sites without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. Personally identifiable information (“PII”) is generally defined as information that may be able to identify you such as, but not limited to, name, address, telephone number, email address, birthday, credit/debit card number, photograph, age, office address and other business information, etc.
There are areas on the Sites where you may be asked to provide Forney with PII, or where such PII or other information may be collected from you in an automated manner. For example, PII (and other related information) such as name, mailing and/or shipping address(es), credit information, banking information, email address, telephone number, credit/debit card number or other payment information, username and password, company name, office address and other business information, construction materials testing equipment details, geographic location of construction materials testing projects, and other information relevant to a specific construction materials testing may be collected from you when:
- you set up a user account for either Sites;
- you use the ForneyVault service;
- you designate users for the ForneyVault service;
- you create a username and password (or security question and answer;
- you order and pay for products and services through the Sites;
- you choose to make data available to third parties through the Sites;
- you use a laboratory information management system (“LIMS”) to access the ForneyVault service;
- you transfer or upload data from our construction materials testing equipment to the Sites to be saved, analyzed, or transferred to other third parties;
- you set up a construction materials testing project through the Sites, including the downloading of such information to specific construction materials testing equipment;
- you save backup calibration data and other data on the Sites for use with our construction materials testing equipment;
- Forney monitors or tracks its construction materials testing equipment for the purpose of sending you updates about new machine software and other upgrades; and/or
- you contact Forney with questions or comments.
Forney may use your PII and other information to:
- make the ForneyVault service function properly for construction materials testing projects;
- maintain proper business and other relevant records;
- administer your user account;
- provide ongoing technical support related to your user account;
- contact you if there are issues with content that you uploaded or posted through the Sites;
- process payment information when you order a product or service through the Sites;
- deliver products and services ordered through the Sites;
- send you information regarding Forney products and services you may find helpful or that you need to reorder, including through our construction materials testing equipment that uses the ForneyVault service;
- perform diagnostic evaluations of our construction materials testing equipment;
- respond to questions or comments;
- formulate sales and marketing plans;
- conduct regular maintenance of the Sites or our construction materials testing equipment;
- improve the content and general administration of the Sites;
- perform internal Sites operations (e.g., fraud prevention);
- troubleshoot software issues and operational problems with the Sites or our construction materials testing equipment;
- conduct Sites data analysis and testing;
- monitor Sites usage;
- allow you to share PII and other information with other parties through the ForneyVault service;
- allow you to transfer or upload PII and other data from our construction materials testing equipment to the Sites to be saved, analyzed, or transferred to other third parties;
- allow you to use a LIMS to access the ForneyVault service;
- allow you to set up a construction materials testing project through the Sites for downloading to specific construction materials testing equipment;
- save backup calibration data and other data on the Sites for use with our construction materials testing equipment; and/or
- monitor or track our construction materials testing equipment for the purpose of sending you updates about new machine software and other upgrades.
By providing to Forney the PII and other information referenced above, you agree that Forney may use the PII and other information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
Sharing of PII and Other Information
Except as noted herein, Forney does not sell or share your PII with any person or entity outside of Forney.
PII and other data may be shared or downloaded to our construction materials testing equipment as part of the ForneyVault service on the Sites.
Forney may share anonymous construction materials testing data and other data you upload or transmit on or through the Sites with outside testing protocol entities. The data that is shared through this process does not contain any PII, and is only used to establish and maintain industry standard testing procedures.
Forney may share certain portions of PII and other information with its vendors in order to make the Sites function properly. This may include:
- sharing with our credit/debit card processing entity in order to process payments made through the Sites;
- sharing with our back-up computer/network system vendors in order to have back-up copies available of relevant data in case Forney’s computer system or data/files are damaged, hacked, or otherwise compromised;
- sharing with forensic investigators, attorneys, law enforcement, and other relevant parties in order to respond to or prevent a data breach;
Forney will disclose your PII or other information if it reasonably believes it is required to do so by law or in cooperation with a governmental or law enforcement investigation. Forney may also share PII or other information in order to avoid imminent physical harm to any person or harm to any Forney property.
Forney may share your PII and other data with a third party if Forney’s ownership status changes, such as it being acquired.
Forney may share your PII and other data with third parties that you designate to receive such data through the ForneyVault service.
Other than what is referenced above, the PII and other data collected from you is not shared with nor sold to any person or entity outside of Forney.
Review of Collected PII/Other Choices
If you would like to review, edit, or delete any of the PII Forney collected from you, or wish Forney to cease using your PII in the manners specified in this Policy, please contact Forney at (800) 367-6397 or [email protected]. Forney will do its best to accommodate your request, but Forney cannot guarantee it can remove all PII from the specified uses. Therefore, please be as specific as possible in your request. If the request relates to information that Forney needs to make the Sites function properly for you, you may not be able to use the Sites properly moving forward.
Forney reserves the right to maintain proper business records as required by law, or for otherwise legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law, even if such records contain your PII.
Forney does not knowingly collect any information from minors, nor is the Sites directed at or intended for minors. If a minor uploads/posts information to the Sites that is publicly available, and the minor subsequently wants that same information deleted, the minor has a right to request that said information be removed from public viewing. Any removal of content by Forney does not ensure or guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of the content in all places. The content may have been shared or reposted by other parties, or federal or state law may require maintenance of the content or information.
If you would like to opt out of receiving further promotional emails from Forney, please follow the opt out instructions at the bottom of the email or send Forney a detailed email to [email protected].
Data Security and Retention
Forney uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol to protect your data and secure your transactions. SSL encrypts all your personal information, including your credit card number, name, and address as it is transmitted over the Internet.
While Forney takes the issue of protecting your PII seriously, you should exercise discretion in what information you disclose and/or transmit to the Sites. Forney cannot guarantee that information sent over the Internet is fully secure, and therefore the transmitted information may be intercepted by others before it reaches Forney. If you are concerned about sending information to Forney over the Internet, please send the information by mail or call us to make other arrangements. Forney is not responsible for the security of information sent over the Internet.
Forney retains collected information for a reasonable amount of time in order to fulfill the stated purpose for why the information was collected. Forney will also retain collected information connected to business records for periods of time required by law. If Forney determines that collected information is no longer needed, it will delete such information. Our collection times will be consistent with applicable law.
The Sites are intended for individuals 18 years of age and older located in the United States.
The Sites are not directed at, marketed to, nor intended for, children under 13 years of age. Forney does not knowingly collect any information, including PII, from children under 13 years of age. If Forney learns that any information was provided through the Sites by a person younger than 13 years of age, Forney will delete the information immediately.
Forney will not use a minor’s PII to market or advertise certain products or services deemed harmful to children. Forney also will not disclose any minor’s PII if it has actual knowledge that the minor’s PII will be used for the purpose of marketing or advertising the harmful products or services.
The Sites are meant for individuals within the United States. Forney only knowingly collects information from individuals within the United States. If you provide information to Forney from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk. If you are outside of the United States, you are responsible for complying with any local laws regarding use of the Sites, and related data collection. You also agree and acknowledge that by providing any information, including PII, through the Sites, that such information will be transmitted to, and stored in, the United States.
The Sites may contain links to external sites, including those embedded in third party advertisements or sponsor information, that are not controlled by Forney. Forney is not responsible for the privacy practices and data collection policies for such third-party sites. You should consult the privacy policies of those sites for details.
Forney may also allow interaction between the Sites and other sites or mobile applications such as LinkedIn or other social media providers. This may include the “Like” button or other plugins available through the Sites that allow you to share information with persons outside of the Sites. Please consult the privacy policies of those third party providers before using them to make sure you are comfortable with the level of sharing.
The ForneyVault® API
You may have the option of accessing the ForneyVault service through a third-party LIMS. The LIMS would gain access to the ForneyVault service through a Forney-provided application program interface (“API”). The API would allow the LIMS to read or write data on the ForneyVault service. Using this method of accessing the ForneyVault service may result in the sharing of your PII with the LIMS.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact Forney at:
EMAIL: [email protected]
MAIL: 2050 Jackson’s Pointe Court, Zelienople, PA 16063
It is the policy of Forney to strictly enforce this Policy. If you believe there has been some violation of this Policy, please contact Forney.
This Policy was last updated on June 4, 2020.